[Remind-Fans] Beginner Questions

Jerry_Bash at spectral-sys.com Jerry_Bash at spectral-sys.com
Tue Aug 28 12:36:37 EDT 2001

Hi,

I am very new to remind and am having difficulty getting the 'warn' and
'sched'  useage.
I have the following two lines in my remind file: (taken from a man page
for remind)

FSET _wfun(x) choose(x,5,3,1,0) REM 4 July WARN _wfun MSG American
Independence Day is %b.
FSET _sfun(x) choose(x, -60, 30, 15, 10, 3, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0) REM AT 17:02
SCHED _sfun MSG foo

but when I run with the date specified on the command line as 4 Jul 2001
(or 3 Jul 2001), I don't
get any output associated with American Independence Day.

Similarly, I don't get timed reminders for the second line at all either.

If anyone can let me know what I'm doing wrong, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jerry