[Remind-Fans] new (again) to remind

David T-G davidtg-remind at justpickone.org
Thu Nov 29 09:41:44 EST 2001

Hi, all --

I first saw Remind shortly after its creation and used it throughout
my time at college, and then was away from it for a loooong time; I'm
delighted to have found it again.  My, how it's grown :-)

I'm working my way through the man page and examples and looking at how
I'll be able to play with my reminders -- yay!  A few questions have
come up, though...

Are there other calendars available?  I'd love to see a US Holiday
calendar just so that I don't have to enter them all in, and some fun
ones like trivia calendars and celebrity birthdays and such would be nice.
I'd really like to see a scientific inventions calendar to provide fodder
for homework digging.

I'm quite excited about the web side of remind and can't wait to play
with it.  I noticed that the sample version at roaringpenguin had some
cell width problems until I maximized my browser; I suppose there isn't
much we can do to get around that but I'm open to how others have solved
that problem.

I've wanted for a long time a web-based calendar which could draw lines
[apparently] across cells so that we could have, say, a purple line
stretching through the whole week when Grandpa is in town and a red line
that goes from Friday to Sunday to mark out weekend trip and so on.
I haven't found one yet that does it, though I have some ideas for
implementation; has anyone seen anything like this, especially in Remind?

I think that's enough from me for a while; time to go back to the manual
and get my original reminders up so that I start magically remembering
birthdays again :-)

TIA & HAND

:-D
(play) davidtg at justpickone.org * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie