[Remind-Fans] substitution and indentation

David T-G davidtg-remind at justpickone.org
Sun Dec 2 08:07:04 EST 2001

Hi again :-)

Is it just me, or is it just me on the list?  I don't see any other
traffic...

...and then David T-G said...
%
%
% BTW, I tried
%
%   set idnt idnt - "  "
%
% but got a type mismatch...  Can I do this without an extra variable?

Haven't seen anything that will reduce a string yet, but maybe it's
hidden in the functions.  Sixty-eight pages is quite a manual :-)

How about variable scoping?  If I have

  set odnt idnt
  set idnt idnt + "  "
  set idnt odnt

at in all of my files and one INCLUDEs another, then odnt gets reset and
when I'm finished with the INCLUDEd file I'm still out two more spaces.
It seems like I'll need a specially-named odnt variable for each file if
everything is global...

TIA & HAND

:-D
(play) davidtg at justpickone.org * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie