[Remind-Fans] Unwanted newlines in output file

Les KH leskh at bitlink.cx
Thu Jan 23 12:06:15 EST 2003

Greetings all!

I am using pilot-link's reminders program to get the datebook info from my palm
into some useful format for use on my network. If I have more than one line in
my datebook entry or more than one line in a note attached to a datebook entry
on my palm, the file generated by

        leskh:~$   reminders -p /dev/ttyUSB1 > .reminders

puts those into new lines in the output file, which "remind" doesn't understand.
For example, here's a few lines from the generated file:
===================
REM 28 oct 2002 +7 MSG SE group @ Joe Beans %a from 09:00 to 10:00
REM 28 oct 2002 +7 MSG Pickup Carol's computer from CT %a
-want network card? ($35-40)
-want modem? ($35-40)
REM 28 oct 2002 +7 MSG Invoice to JG %a from 11:00 to 11:30
REM 28 oct 2002 +7 MSG Village Green and Action Office %a from 13:00 to 13:30

Do I have to adjust the way I use my PDA, write a script to try to fix this
after the fact, talk to the "reminder" people to fix this, or is there a fix for
this in "remind"?

Thanks in advance for any ideas you might offer.
        Les...