[Remind-Fans] Problem with %e

A. S. Budden remind.mail at southparade.vispa.com
Fri May 28 07:44:33 EDT 2004

Hi there,

I've just started using remind and I'm a bit confused about setting
reminders.  I have (among others) in my .reminders file, the following
line:

REM 29 May +2 AT 11:00 BEFORE OMIT Sunday Saturday MSG %e: Tom's Birthday

I start remind in my .xsession with the following line:

remind -f -m -b1 -z1 '-kecho %s | qmsg -t Remind - &' .reminders &

The intention here is to bring a message up on my screen to remind me
that it is Tom's birthday, and also to remind me a couple of days in
advance.

What I would like it to do on the 27th and 28th May at 11:00 is bring up
a message saying "on Saturday: Tom's Birthday" or something like that
and on the 29th May a message saying "today: Tom's Birthday" (the exact
syntax isn't that important).  What it actually does is put a message up
on the screen saying "today: Tom's Birthday" even if it's the 27th or
28th May.  This is obviously not very accurate.

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?

Many thanks in advance,

Al