[Remind-Fans] ARM Port?

yard-ape at telus.net yard-ape at telus.net
Tue Sep 28 20:53:37 EDT 2004

Maybe I should just put the ipk on the Zaurus Software Index, but I
think I need to change some of the parameters like location in custom.h
(and maybe language in lang.h) to refer to shell environment variables
before my binary is really useful to anyone but me and my neighbors.

In the mean time, here's a link with links referring to all the rpms you
need in order to cross compile (when I wrote that this was the hardest
part I was being very facetious):

http://docs.zaurus.com/index.php?id=linux_compiler_setup_howto

(My distro (Slack) doesn't support rpms, so I run rpm2tgz on them, then
pkginstall ...)

Then just cd into your remind source directory. and add this line to
your Makefile:

    export CC=/opt/Embedix/tools/bin/arm-linux-gcc

 run ./configure and make as usual.  Done.   (...Unless you want to go
ahead and write the GUI now.)

I'm currently using a shell script on my Z that calls opie-sh for a date
argument, then opens a processed text file of my daily schedule in
"texteditor".  Incomparable to those other "calendar programs".