[Remind-Fans] Snooze feature in remind

E C Vijil vijilec at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 06:36:28 EDT 2004

Hi,

I had a look at remind few days back and I am hooked to it ever since.

I would like to know if I can implement something like a snooze
feature in Remind.

The logic is given below:
Whenever a reminder is triggered, I would like to execute a program
which would ask me whether remind should queue the reminder again with
a particular delay. I will enter a value (say 10) which means that I
would like to be reminded again after 10 mins. If I enter a zero, I
should not be reminded again about this reminder. Is that possible?

Eg: I set up a reminder that goes off at 10AM every friday.
At 10AM, remind will run another program which would allow me to enter
an integer. If I enter a number (say 10), it will remind me after 10
mins (again running the program that allows me to choose a number).
otherwise it will not remind me again. This is similar to the snooze
feature in most PIMs. Can I simulate such behaviour in remind?

Thanks for the wonderful program.