[Remind-Fans] remind and clacct

David J Patrick davidjpatrick at sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 31 01:36:22 EST 2005

In my quest to find the most brutally simple methods of handling my
personal data (the GUI is gooey) I've decided to make things revolve
around remind. It will be a bit of a learning climb, but worth it !

I just stumbled across something I had originally spotted last year;
clacct; The Command-Line Accountant
/Simple accounting for the financially-disinclined
It's a dead simple perl script with 0 frills, and it looks like it might
work great. It's missing a reminder function, and that got me thinking..
maybe I can trigger financial events from remind and invoke clacct with
the -k option.

something like;
REM 1 2006 MSG monthly rent RUN clacct /-a checking -amount -715 -note
'rent payment'

... OK, so it's half baked, and the above example wouldn't work, but if
you like remind, you just might like clacct.
http://clacct.sourceforge.net/