[Remind-Fans] CLI todo list management - devtodo

David J Patrick davidjpatrick at sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 1 17:44:35 EST 2005

John Harrold wrote:

>Sometime in April David J Patrick assaulted the keyboard and produced:
>
>| > (Is this Linux or other (which)?  what distro?)
>|
>| yes, ubuntu Hoary Hedgehog, to be specific !
>
>I don't use Ubuntu, but I understand that it can use the standard Debian
>repositories. If this is correct, you can install devtodo using apt. That's
>how I installed it.

What a hoot ! There is was, in the synaptic list !
gosh that was easy ! Thanks to all !

In the time while I was futzing about, trying to get devtodo installed,
Paul Swartz tipped me to pyGTD. (http://96db.com/pyGTD/) Now I've gotta
say that although devtodo looks fantastic, and it's per directory
features are right clever, I've been hot and heavy for all things GTD
(http://www.davidco.com/) and will have to compare pyGTD.

in essence, I'm in search of CLIPIM; command-line interface personal
information management.
which so far consists of
remind
clacct
devtodo (but investigating pyGTD)
and last but not least, pclt; Palm Command Line Tools
(http://cubicle.at/en/pclt/) that give me full access to palm data via CLI

the search continues !
djp