[Remind-Fans] repeating problems

Craig B Agricola craig at theagricolas.org
Tue Apr 5 09:59:21 EDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 09:37:48AM -0400, David J Patrick wrote:
> OK, so I haven't got the hang of it yet. Can some kind soul steer me in
> the right direction ?
>
> for the monthly TLUG meeting, on the second Tuesday of every month
> MSG 2 tues MSG TLUG
> lists in on the first tues (so does MSG tue 2)

The '2' in the above refers to the day of the month, not the number of
the 'tues'.  Read the above as 'The first Tuesday after the 2nd of the
month'.  So, since the first Tuesday of the month *has* to occur sometime
in the first 7 days of the month, the second Tuesday is the first
Tuesday that occurs on or after the 8th day of the month.  So, the
recipe you want is:

REM 8 Tues MSG TLUG

> and
>
> my biweekly mortgage payment, every second Friday, I'm at a loss..

Pick the date of one of your payments, and then repeat the reminder
every 14 days.  If your next payment was this Friday, then:

REM 8 Apr 2005 *14 MSG Mortage payment due

Remember, if you want warning on the mortgage payment (so you have time
to send it in the mail), you can trigger the reminder early.  The following
will remind you during the four days prior that it is due:

REM 8 Apr 2005 +4 *14 MSG Mortgage payment due %b

As a final note, all of this is covered in the man pages.  David did a
great job writing this all down *ages* ago, and it's waiting there for
anyone who can type 'man remind' at the prompt...

 -Craig