[Remind-Fans] announcement: Wyrd 0.1.0

Paul Pelzl pelzlpj at eecs.umich.edu
Fri Apr 15 15:26:29 EDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 01:56:58PM -0500, John Shafer wrote:
> Here is the output:
>
> # 1 "curses/curses.mli"
> #pragma GCC set_debug_pwd "/Users/jshafer/Desktop/wyrd-0.1.0"
> # 1 "<built-in>"
> # 1 "<command line>"
> # 1 "curses/curses.mli"
> type window
> and screen
> and terminal
> and chtype = int
> and attr_t = int

ocamlc doesn't seem to like the #pragma line that gets inserted by the C
preprocessor.  I don't have that line--it must be caused by something
unique to the OS X GCC setup.  Any experts here have ideas on how to get
rid of that artifact?

On the bright side, the C preprocessor is only really needed for the
compilation of one file.  I think you can do a manual fix as follows:

$ ocamlc.opt -c -g -I ./curses curses/curses.mli
$ cpp curses/curses.ml > curses-pp.ml
<edit curses-pp.ml and remove any #pragma lines>
$ mv curses-pp.ml curses/curses.ml
$ ocamlopt.opt -c -I ./curses curses/curses.ml

Then run 'make' and hopefully everything else will work as expected.

Paul