[Remind-Fans] announcement: Wyrd 0.1.0

Avery Ke avery at u.washington.edu
Mon May 2 12:42:11 EDT 2005

Daniel Martins wrote:
>I am still looking for someone using remind integrated with Emacs. Please
>send a reply to this list!

I was reading this thread with interest but was not paying
(obviously) close attention, because I am not currently using Emacs
with remind (except to edit the .reminders file).

I can't recall just how you wanted to integrate them. But I use remind
and I use Emacs, and I have used them together in the past. :)

This is what I used:
http://richip.dhs.org/~sachac/notebook/emacs/remind.el

I used it in conjunction with planner.el; I have tried and tried to
incorporate planner.el into my life, but find it difficult to keep the
planning in planner.el from getting convoluted, and then taking up all
available time from DOING things into figuring out my planning
files. All the reminders in Remind can (but need not) fit in one
file. The plans in Planner.el stretch out over a variety of files, and
I forget what's what.  Then I would give up, and go back to using Remind at
the console, and only use Emacs to edit the .reminders file.

For specific projects, I have used devtodo. The only fault for me is
that you can't add dates, so it's hard to plan for long-term
open-ended projects. Remind takes care of chronology, but it is
difficult to plan the hierarchical structure. Planner.el did both, but
as I described above, turned into this huge time-wasting monster.  For
my small brain, the solution might be to run devtodo through remind. :)

Avery