[Remind-Fans] Still can't get this one working.

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Jun 8 19:42:07 EDT 2005

Tildar wrote:
> # schedule week of July 18 + sat before and sun after as holiday
> # this seems to give me what I want

> REM SAT Jul 09 SCANFROM [trigger(today()-28)] SATISFY 1
> REM [TRIGGER(TRIGDATE())] *1 UNTIL [TRIGGER(TRIGDATE()+8)] SATISFY 1
> OMIT [TRIGGER(TRIGDATE())] MSG MY HOLIDAY

Won't work.  OMIT will just omit one day.  Trace the flow with -dtx.

You need, unfortunately, to do:

OMIT 18 July 2005
OMIT 19 July 2005
OMIT 20 July 2005
OMIT 21 July 2005
OMIT 22 July 2005
OMIT 23 July 2005

And then this will work:

#  reminder for stuff done on Tuesday, remind before holidays/weekends
REM Tue OMIT Sat Sun BEFORE MSG I should get this Fri July 15

--
David.