[Remind-Fans] multiple months?

Ryan Barrett remind-fans at ryanb.org
Tue Jun 14 05:10:12 EDT 2005

hi all. i picked up remind a few days ago as a replacement for my clunky
birthday reminder script and, i'm sad to say, cron jobs that reminded me
to pay the rent and other bills. so far, i'm loving it!

given remind's sophisticated date handling, though, i was surprised to
find that it doesn't support date specs with multiple months. for example,
this line:

   7 Jan Apr June Sep MSG Prepay estimated income tax

gives this error:

   /home/ryanb/.reminders(22): Month specified twice

i searched the man page, readme, google, and the list archives, but
couldn't find any way to specify multiple months. sure, i could split it
up into four separate lines, but that's kind of hackish.

am i missing something obvious? if not, i'm inclined to write a patch to
allow multiple months in date specs. david, would that be appropriate?

-Ryan

--
http://ryan.barrett.name/