[Remind-Fans] Don't show popups for some reminder entries

Martin Stubenschrott stubenschrott at gmx.net
Wed Jan 11 21:21:54 EST 2006

Hi Paul,

On Thursday 12 January 2006 02:53, Paul Pelzl wrote:
> You have the option of specifying a reminder by using CAL in place of
> the MSG keyword.  From the manpage (which maybe could be worded a bit
> more clearly here):
>
>    "A CAL-type reminder is used only to place entries in the calendar
>    produced when Remind is run with the -c, -s or -p options."
>
> Such reminders will show up in Wyrd just as usual (because Wyrd grabs
> its reminder data by running "remind -s"), but the reminders will not be
> triggered by your popup-generating process.

Ah thanks, that's what i wanted - and yes I read the remind man page, it's
just so long, and not that easy to understand for people quite new to remind.

P.S.: The 'e' command in wyrd could be improved (im still using 1.1 since I
wait for an update in portage, so excuse me if 1.2 behaves differently).

If there is only one reminders file, why not open the editor directly instead
of presenting a menu which just one calendar to select from?

--
Martin