[Remind-Fans] reminding of late events

Stan Tobias sttob at cashette.com
Sat Jan 28 11:40:43 EST 2006

"Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier at digitaltorque.ca> wrote:
> While remind is not a to-do list application per se, it would be nice at times
> if some events would keep nagging me when they're late (ie. still in my
> .reminders file). Is there a way that I can enter a REM statement such that it
> tells me that it's old?

I use `remind' almost exclusively as a to-do list.  Here's part of my
`functions' file:

  ) # This is for Todo lists
  ) IF [! ($CalMode || $SimpleCal || defined("tkremind"))]
  )   set nag "*1"
  ) ELSE
  )   # in calendar mode we dont want to see nagging
  )   set nag ""
  ) ENDIF

> ie. foo has still not been done,

The "todo" list looks like:

  ) 2006 Jun 18 [nag] Start %"Important Project%"; details are in ~/IP.txt.
  ) 2006 Aug 26 [nag] PRIORITY 9999  Do %"Less Important Thing%"

This way I can plan my tasks, and I'll see them from the specified date
until I delete them or move till another day.

>and it is 3 days old

I don't think this is possible with my setup, but I've never felt
any need for this.

Stan Tobias