[Remind-Fans] Newbie problem

Paul Pelzl pelzlpj at eecs.umich.edu
Sun Apr 2 20:05:35 EDT 2006

On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 07:43:01PM -0400, Frederick Bauman wrote:
> Okay, I've successfully installed Remind on OSX 10.4. I can even use
> tkremind, however, I cannot seem to add ANY items via CLI.  Has there
> been a change in how to enter a simple reminder?
> I followed the example here:  http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/3529
> But I never get anything to add.  If I add something via tkremind it
> sticks.  can someone point me to a good example of a basic entry
> template I can make sense of?  Such as: remember to get milk today?

The syntax in the linuxjournal article is correct.  How exactly are you
attempting to "add... items via CLI"?  Do you realize that reminders are
supposed to be stored in the textfile ~/.reminders ?  You can use any
text editor to modify this file.

Sorry if I've completely misjudged the depth of your understanding, but
you haven't provided much information to go on.  What commands are you
using?  What error messages do you get?

Paul