[Remind-Fans] garbage day

Paul Pelzl pelzlpj at eecs.umich.edu
Tue Apr 18 02:40:50 EDT 2006

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 11:14:03PM -0400, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> My garbage day is Thursday, alternating blue box and black box recycling. If
> Monday was a holiday, then garbage day is moved to Friday.
>
> What's the best way to handle the alternating recycling biweekly, with the
> bump of the day based on holiday mondays?

Good one.  I *think* this works correctly:

   FSET _omitthurs(d) iif(isomitted(d), "OMIT Thu AFTER", "")

   REM Apr 3 2006 *14 SCANFROM [trigger(today()-7)] SATISFY 1
   REM [trigger(trigdate()+3)] [_omitthurs(trigdate())] MSG garbage (black box)

I used SCANFROM to search for every other Monday, starting up to a week
in the past.  When such a date is found, then a reminder is scheduled
three days later... but I add the "OMIT Thu AFTER" clause if the
original trigger date (Monday) was omitted.

Just duplicate those REM statements starting from "Apr 10 2006" to fill
in the blue box weeks.

Paul