[Remind-Fans] wxRemind - new GUI for remind

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Mon May 8 17:14:11 EDT 2006

On 5/8/06, Daniel Graham <daniel.graham at duke.edu> wrote:
> Isn't an rpm spec file overkill for something this simple? I had
> thought of including a setup.py but even that seemed unnecessary.
> All that's required is to unpack the tgz file and create three
> symbolic links and the included INSTALL file does this.

Probably, to the majority of users, Dan, it is as you argue: overkill.
However, for users like me, it would be useful to have a simple way to
check/install the dependencies (with yum on Fedora Core 5). I wonder
whether that is the reason why so many very simple programs come with
a rpm (or the instructions on how to create it).

Paul