[Remind-Fans] [ANN] Wyrd 1.4.0

Martin Stubenschrott stubenschrott at gmx.net
Wed Jun 28 06:31:49 EDT 2006

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 07:36:08PM -0400, Paul Pelzl wrote:

> Hello Remind fans,
>
> I'm pleased to announce Wyrd 1.4.0, now available at
> http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~pelzlpj/wyrd/
>
> The big new feature is the "quick reminder" command, which I'm rather
> fond of.  This will let you type in an event description using natural
> language.  Some examples:
>
>     meeting with Bob tomorrow at 11
>     drop off package at 3pm
>     wednesday 10am-11:30 go grocery shopping
>     Board game night 20:15 next Fri
>     7/4 Independence Day

Wow that's fanatstic! The idea is so great, that I even think adding
reminders this way is even much faster then using vim, although I adore
vim. But with this feature, there is _definitly_ no faster way to create
quick reminders - if we just could delete them again with a single
keystroke now :)

The only thing which could be improved, is that the date specification
would follow the goto_big_endian setting, so that 2/4 would be 2nd April
for us european people, when this setting is true.

BTW: When fiddling around with the new quick remind parser, I'd love too
see Up/Down arrow to recall the history in this (and the search) dialog,
but it's not so much a problem anymore, when I get used to the syntax.

> I've also revamped the coloring code, so black-on-white and other such
> settings ought to work now.  The new 'default' color keyword will make
> use of your terminal's default colors, and can can be used to enable
> background transparency on terminal emulators that support it.

Great!! Thank you so much, finally it doesn't stand out on my lovely
colored desktop :)

With the new default wyrdrc, I had two things which were still colored
white on black (timed_date and calendar_level2), but that was changed in
a minute, now _everything_ looks just as I would expect.

With so much thanks,

Martin