[Remind-Fans] Wyrd 1.4 complaints

Martin Stubenschrott stubenschrott at gmx.net
Tue Jul 4 09:08:51 EDT 2006

On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 01:43:37PM +0200, mlo at tzi.de wrote:
> > Well, sometimes one need to change things to make it clearer, and the
> > new quit-binding is written on the top help line anyway.
>
> which you simply don't see when you are so much used to a program... :-)

That's right :)

> so...
> I am afraid I diden't get the message.
> what must I do to change wyrds default background to black on a white
> terminal?

The easiest way is just to just start the terminal with a black background
like:

xterm -bg black -fg white -e wyrd

But you are right, I saw some inconsistent behavior, when I leave the
default:

color description        white black

in my .wyrdrc, I get black text an white terminal (i.e. it uses my
default terminal colors), but when I change it to:

color description        yellow black

it uses a yellow font on black background.

I think it would be the most consistent to use:

color description        default default

for most items in the /etc/wyrdrc to use the default fore- and
background color of the terminal, but if the user changes that to

color description        white black

he should get white text on black background.

--
Martin