[Remind-Fans] Remind Backend Problems

Paul M Foster paulf at quillandmouse.com
Fri Jul 14 02:45:56 EDT 2006

I've built a HTML calendar page (in PHP) that's using remind for the
back end. I'm giving it a command line thus:

remind -p -l .reminders July 2006 > events.dat

This *should* generate a file where roughly every second line includes
data on the file the reminder came from and the line number in that
file. When I run the command as paulf, on my home box, using the
~/.reminders file as the source, this happens fine.

However, this PHP calendar page is passing the command line above, which
generates an acceptable file with the proper reminders, but *without*
the second line that details the file and line number for each reminder.
I do not understand this. FWIW, the .reminders file is in an
Apache-accessible web directory on another machine, owned by
www-data:www-data. The remind command is being executed as this user.

Again, I'm not getting error messages, and the reminders are coming
through fine. It's just omitting the line which tells which file and
line number the reminder came from.

Any ideas?

Paul

--