[Remind-Fans] remind+geektool=bash crash

Lewis Overton akakie at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 00:48:08 EDT 2006

I have GeekTool set to run a shell command "/usr/local/bin/remind
~/.reminders" (no quotes). This does what I expected -- for a while; it puts
the reminders on the desktop. Unfortunately, it leaves a process running as
verified by 'ps ax' and after adding 15-20 running processes, bash runs out
of resources and quits. A restart will bring things back for a while but
everything repeats.

This has to be a solved problem. Can someone tell me what to put into
GeekTool to avoid the problem. Clearly I didn't do it right.

Lewy

Mac 10.4.7, 1.33 Ghz PowerPc G4, 2.1jaw1 (D8), Remind 03.00.24