[Remind-Fans] basing task recurrance schedule on completed date/time

Jon Garvin jgarvin.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 12:18:17 EDT 2006

I've been on the quest for my personal holy grail of task reminder
tools  for quite some time.  I saw a mention of 'Remind' on linux .com
today and spent a while browsing the remind wiki and mailing list
archives sceptically optimistic.  The  fact that  Remind has an actual
scripting language suggests that what I need to do might actually be
possible here, but I don't see a specific mention of it anywhere, so...
if someone could simply tell me either "No, Outlook is still the only
software that does that well." or "Sure, that's easy, go check out 'this
link'." I'd greatly appreciate it.

What I need is to have a task, let's say "Mow the lawn," that doesn't
necessarily NEED to happen on the day the reminder triggers. Maybe it's
raining, or I've got other plans, or it doesn't really need it yet, or
it's just too damn hot.  So, I put it off for a couple days, or even
until next week.  What I do NOT need to is put it off six days and then
on the 7th get another reminder telling me to do it all over again.
Instead, once I do finally get it done, I want to automatically schedule
a new reminder for, let's say, one week from the time that I completed
it this time.  Outlook does this extremely well, but I have yet to find
anything for linux that does this right. Maybe Remind does, and I've
just been oblivious this whole time? I've got my fingers crossed.