[Remind-Fans] Can Someone Double-Check Me on These 'Remind' Expressions?

Mike Harris mjharris-lists at rcn.com
Wed Aug 16 12:35:19 EDT 2006

A bit embarrassing, but my brain is choking on how to state this as a Remind expression.

Payday case #1:
If the 14th of the month is not a Saturday or a Sunday, payday.  If it is, the preceding workday.

Payday case #2:
If the day *before* the last day of the month is not a Saturday or Sunday, payday.  if it is, the preceding workday.

I've not been getting a lot of sleep lately and my brain is just choking on this one.  (It doesn't help that I'm doing this by editing a text file on a machine that doesn't have Remind installed, so can't goof around with it and test.)

I think my answers are:

Payday case #1:

REM 14 OMIT Saturday Sunday +2 MSG Payday %b.%

Payday case #2:

REM 1 -2 OMIT Saturday Sunday +2 MSG Payday %b.%

Will the 'omit' in this case prevent the reminders (the "%b") from Saturday and Sunday, too?  I just get this hunch I'm doing this one wrong.

Thanks,
Mike