[Remind-Fans] if statements

Paul Pelzl pelzlpj at eecs.umich.edu
Wed Aug 30 01:32:00 EDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 07:52:06PM -0400, Joe Burgess wrote:
> Ok, so I don't know if this is possible, but I hope it is.  What I
> want to do is display a banner that says birthdays, and then I would
> have the upcoming birthdays below that.  My only problem is I want
> that banner to show ONLY when there are upcoming birthdays.  How
> would I do this or is it even possible?  Thanks

Not pretty, but I think this works:

   # check if Alice's birthday will trigger
   IFTRIG Sep 10 +7
      SET _show_banner 1
   ENDIF

   # check if Bob's birthday will trigger
   IFTRIG Sep 13 +7
      SET _show_banner 1
   ENDIF

   # display the banner if any of the above get triggered
   IF defined("_show_banner")
      MSG BIRTHDAYS:
   ENDIF

   # schedule the birthday reminders *after* the banner
   REM Sep 10 +7 MSG Alice's birthday %b
   REM Sep 13 +7 MSG Bob's birthday %b

Hope that helps,

Paul