[Remind-Fans] Removing "Today" in Certain Circumstances

Phil Snowberger psnowber at cse.nd.edu
Tue Oct 24 04:22:29 EDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 01:33:07AM -0500, Mike Harris wrote:
> *Much* thanks.  Looks like it won't do what I'd ideally like, though, which is:
>
> REM January 24 MSG %"Frankie goes to Hollywood%" %b%".%"
>
> So that:
>
> Frankie goes to Hollywood today.
> Frankie goes to Hollywood.
>
> In other words, I'd like to be able to select more than one section of text per event to differentiate.

Hm, if remind doesn't already support multiple %"foo%" sections, then if
you really, really want this behavior you might look at the "SYSTEM
VARIABLES" section of 'man remind', specifically the variables like
$SimpleCal, $CalMode, etc.  You can create quite complex expressions by
testing against those, but it's probably not worth it to add a period to
the end of Frankie's trip to Hollywood.

hth,
--Phil

Phil Snowberger -- psnowber at cse.nd.edu