[Remind-Fans] Using RUN echo etc.

Phil Snowberger psnowber at cse.nd.edu
Tue Oct 31 09:14:12 EST 2006

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 05:50:00PM +1100, Shelagh Manton wrote:
> I'm trying to use RUN like this.
>
> REM 31 Oct 2006 AT 17:33 RUN echo "Diane here at 10am" \
> | osd_cat -pmiddle -Acenter -d30 \
> -f-*-helvetica-*-*-*-*-*-180-*-*-*-*-*-*
>
> The echo command works fine with the osd_cat program fine on the command
> line, but when I use it with remind it says
>
> sh: /bin/echo: No such file or directory
> sh: : command not found
> sh: /bin/echo: No such file or directory
>
> and
>
> sh: echo: command not found
> sh: : command not found
> sh: echo: command not found
>  when I just use echo without a full path. I'm using the ubuntu package
> on Dapper if that makes a difference. Have I missed something?

Instead of using RUN-type reminders, have you thought about just doing
MSG-type reminders, and then catting the output of remind -f -z to
osd_cat?  I was just playing around with it and it seems

	remind -f -z ~/.reminders | osd_cat $OSD_CAT_OPTIONS

works just fine.  Just keep that running in some window hidden somewhere
(or in GNU screen).

hth,
--Phil

Phil Snowberger -- psnowber at cse.nd.edu