[Remind-Fans] Remind and iCal

Dara Pressley newsgroup at darasplace.com
Thu Nov 23 10:22:39 EST 2006

I'm not sure how to get appointments into iCal. But this apple script
will take them out of iCal to a text format that Remind can read.

property documentPath : "/Volumes/JUMP/todo/reminders/ical2rem.txt"
set newDate to my new_date(current date)
set documentBackup to "/Volumes/JUMP/todo/reminders/backup/ical2rem" &
newDate & ".txt"

tell application "iCal"
	do shell script "cp -p " & documentPath & "  " & documentBackup
	do shell script "echo \"\" > " & documentPath
	repeat with currentCal in (every calendar whose title does not contain "weeks")
		set allEvents to ((every event of currentCal) whose start date >
(current date))
		repeat with i in allEvents
			set p to properties of i
			tell p
				set msg to summary
				set sd to start date
				set dateString to year of sd & " " & month of sd & " " & day of sd
				set ade to allday event
				if not ade then
					set dateString to dateString & " " & time string of sd
				end if
			end tell
			do shell script "echo \"REM " & dateString & " " & msg & "  %\" >>
" & documentPath
		end repeat
	end repeat
end tell

on new_date(theDate)
	set theDate to theDate
	set cDate to theDate
	set shortDate to short date string of cDate
	set theMonth to word 1 of shortDate
	if length of theMonth is 1 then set theMonth to "0" & theMonth
	set theDay to word 2 of shortDate
	if length of theDay is 1 then set theDay to "0" & theDay
	set theYear to (year of cDate) - 2000
	set YYear to "0" & theYear
	set dateString to theMonth & theDay & YYear
end new_date

Hope this helps.