[Remind-Fans] A better rem2ics

Ian! D. Allen idallen at idallen.ca
Wed Feb 14 10:19:46 EST 2007

> I have literally thousands of error-messages
>> This is easily enough fixed.  Immediately before that line add the
>> following: no warnings 'uninitialized';

No, the fix should be to write the program not to use uninitialized data.

I friend of mine told me that a friend of his (you can tell how accurate
this is going to be) worked at some major airline manufacturer for a
co-op work term.  He noticed that the square root routine in the math
library didn't have a check to reject negative numbers, so he added one.
All the flight-testing software stopped working.  The "solution" -
remove the check.