[Remind-Fans] bash: REM: command not found

Fintan Gaughan fgaughan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 08:41:14 EST 2007

On 27/02/07, Javier Rojas <jerojasro at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 11:54:28PM +0000, Fintan Gaughan wrote:
> > Hope you all can help here.
> >
> > when typing say for example  REM Jul 10 2007 MSG Anniversary i get
> > this error message
> > bash: REM: command not found
> you have to write the REM command in the $HOME/.reminders file, not in
> the shell. Afterwards you can see the reminders the "rem" command
>
> --
> Javier Rojas

<Slaps hand on head> Doh!

thanks I knew it would be something obvious and it shows I should get
some sleep .

I have used Remind and Wyrd few years back but not really bothered
with it. I had a job where you do your job and come home thats it and
as for birthdays my wife reminds me :-)
Having a  growing family and we need reminding about school
appointments .... (well you get the idea)

Now in a different job where there is so many appointments and
reminders and using Microsoft out look for calendars / reminder quite
frankly shit!  crashes after a heavy load.

ssh to my box at home and remind /wyrd will do the job ( as well as
have a nose in my mail box using mutt)

I am racking my brains on how I had set it up.
The remind will be easy enought to set up .. am I allowed to post
about wyrd problems or does that go on a different mailing list?

Regards,
Fintan