[Remind-Fans] wyrd

Paul Pelzl pelzlpj at eecs.umich.edu
Wed Feb 28 09:59:26 EST 2007

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 10:38:42AM +0000, Fintan Gaughan wrote:
> Can we post on here about wyrd problems? if not can you tell me where
> to post thanks!

Wyrd author here.  There have not been any complaints about Wyrd-related
emails on this list, so I think this is a good place to ask your
questions.  You can always email me directly if you have any Wyrd
questions that feel excessively off-topic.

> Anyway what I liked is wyrd and I am having a whole loads of problems
> with it mainly the configuration files below
>
> # command for editing an old appointment, given a line number %line% and filename %file%
> set edit_old_command="$EDITOR +%line% %file%"
> # command for editing a new appointment, given a filename %file%
> set edit_new_command="$EDITOR +999999 %file%"
> # command for free editing of the reminders file, given a filename %file%
> set edit_any_command="$EDITOR %file%"
>
> No do I need to put anything  in the %file% section?.

No, the %line% and %file% will be automatically filled in by Wyrd.  As
an example, if Wyrd wants to edit line 10 of your default reminders
file, then Wyrd will look at the configuration setting "$EDITOR +%line%
%file%" and translate that to the command "$EDITOR +10 ~/.reminders".
As Thor suggested, the $EDITOR environment variable must be set to a
reasonable editor; vim, emacs, and nano will all work with the above
settings.

Paul