[Remind-Fans] ics2rem

brian hammond bhammond00 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 10:51:40 EST 2007

I just went the Platypus route.  Works great.   Note this is for Mac OS X only.

Platypus is here:

  http://www.sveinbjorn.org/platypus_tutorial

The settings I used for Platypus were:

  check is droppable
  edit file types: remove '***' from extension and add 'ics'
  save the script below and select it as the script to run
  add ical2rem to the list of files bundled with the generated app

Edit the path to the saved reminders file if you wish.

Enjoy, Brian

#!/bin/sh

# This is a script for use with Platypus [1]. It is meant to be
# a "droplet" app.  You drag your .ics (iCal) file from Mail.app or
# Finder and drop it on the Platypus-generated app icon in the dock.
# The script will convert your .ics file to Remind [2] reminders and
# append them to ~/.Documents/Reminders/from_ical.rem You should then
# INCLUDE this file in your ~/.reminders

# [1] http://www.sveinbjorn.org/platypus
# [2] http://wiki.43folders.com/index.php/Remind

# Brian Hammond Wed Feb 28 10:22:28 EST 2007
#   * initial version

bundle_path=$1
shift

converter_path=$bundle_path/Contents/Resources/ical2rem
reminders_file=$HOME/Documents/Reminders/from_ical.rem

for ics_file in "$@"; do
    "$converter_path" "$ics_file" >> "$reminders_file"
done