[Remind-Fans] Wyrd V Google Calendar

GTD Wannabe gtdwannabe at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 15:57:02 EST 2007

I've been experimenting with Remind (Windows machine).  It's possible
to go from Remind to Google Calendar, then to the Palm.  So, far, I
only have a one-way system:

- use rem2ics [1] to turn my remind files into ics that Google
Calendar can absorb
- use online service/product called GooSync.com [2] to download from
Google Calendar to Palm (actually, two way sync here).  Free version
lets you have your today -7 days + 30 days between the two systems.
Want a bigger window of time?  Need to pay 19.95 pounds (ouch) per
year.
- note that this requires an additional product in order to work with
Palm, because Palm doesn't deal natively with PPP connections.
Softick [3] fills that hole.

I think there's also an iCal to Remind Script [4] that might be useful
for turning Google Calendar into Remind, so theoretically, you could
have a full two-way sync.

[1] http://wiki.43folders.com/index.php/Rem2ics
[2] http://www.goosync.com/
[3] http://www.softick.com/ppp/