[Remind-Fans] error: month specified twice

T E Schmitz mailreg at numerixtechnology.de
Tue Mar 13 18:18:59 EDT 2007

Paul Pelzl wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 04:40:36PM +0000, T E Schmitz wrote:
>
>>I cannot see for the life of me what's wrong with the following reminder:
>>
>>REM 01 Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Jan +7 council tax due
>>Error: "Month specified twice"
>

> The remind date spec allows for multiple weekdays, but not for multiple
> months.  You can accomplish the same thing by adding a SATISFY clause
> which verifies that trigdate() has a month which falls in the specified
> range.

That does it:

REM 01 SATISFY monnum(trigdate()) == JAN || monnum(trigdate()) >= APR
IF trigvalid()
     REM [trigger(trigdate())] +7 %"council tax due%" %v %
ENDIF

I might still want to improve the reminder: the trigger date should be
the weekday (and non-holiday) on or before the 1st.

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz