[Remind-Fans] remind+wyrd && in-advance reminders - the revenge

Frank Terbeck ft at bewatermyfriend.org
Wed Mar 14 11:36:37 EDT 2007

Javier Rojas <jerojasro at gmail.com>:
> I took the patch made by Frank Terbeck (thanks a lot!) which enables
> wyrd+remind to show the in-advance warnings in the "untimed reminders" window
> of wyrd and modified it a bit. Instead of adding a new flag to remind, it
> modifies the output of "remind -s", so it shows the in-advance warnings as
> untimed reminders. It works fine in wyrd, although I don't know if it would
> break other apps.

Actually, the patch does not change the output of 'remind -s'.
It changes the '-s' switch, to accept the subflag 'a'. That means,
'remind -sa' produces the output needed for wyrd (there is another
patch for wyrd that uses '-sa' in the remind call instead of '-s).

David (remind's author) accepted the patch, and it will be included in
the next remind release.

> Mmhh... it is mostly intended to be used with wyrd. The original patch worked
> fine with reminders located in the future, but it messed up everything with
> reminders that had already passed (they repeated through my calendar tons of
> times :( ). Which is why I made this (ugly) patch. Hope it will be useful

I don't have problems with reminders from the past and my original
patch. Examples?

Regards, Frank

                                                  -- RFC 1925