[Remind-Fans] [ANN] Wyrd 1.4.2

Paul Hinze paul.t.hinze at gmail.com
Sat May 26 19:20:40 EDT 2007

Paul Pelzl <pelzlpj at eecs.umich.edu> on 2007-05-25 at 22:20:
>    * If your ncurses was built with wide-character support, then
>      you should be able to configure Wyrd with --enable-utf8 to enable
>      proper rendering of UTF-8 encoded reminders.
>
> As a native speaker of US English, I probably haven't tested the UTF-8
> stuff is not terribly well... so I would very much appreciate feedback
> on that feature in particular.

Paul,

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner, but I can confirm that
UTF-8 support is working flawlessly on my system, which is a real help
for my semester abroad in Madrid. ;)

For the record, I'm on PPC OS X 10.4.9 and I downloaded ncurses and
compiled it with --enable-widec IIRC.  Then I just used the option
mentioned above when compiling wyrd and that fixed all problems in
displaying accented characters in utf8.

Also, as others have mentioned, exposing the natural language quick add
as a command line option was a great idea.  I was actually thinking
about digging through your code and ripping out that functionality into
a separate program, but you went ahead and did it in a much less messy
way.

Keep up the great work!

Paul Hinze