[Remind-Fans] how to visualize weekly schedule?

remind at lydgate.e4ward.com remind at lydgate.e4ward.com
Sun May 27 15:54:32 EDT 2007

On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 03:28:38PM -0400, Justin Alcorn wrote:
> I use ical2rem to take my iCal calendar and put it into remind.  But
> there's also rem2ical - look at the 43folders Wiki.  That would do what
> you need.

At least what I use is called rem2ics.  If you use something that can
support iCal then you can automate the process.

I use WebCalendar and the output looks like this:
http://www.k5n.us/webcal-screenshots/wcss-week.png

WebCalendar: http://www.k5n.us/webcalendar.php
Demo: http://webcalendar.sourceforge.net/demo/login.php

I automate this with a BASH script that simply runs rem2ics, then curls
into WebCalendar, purges old events (somehow when curling the over-write
doesn't work properly), and posts the thing again.  I wouldn't run it
too often just because I think it might be mean to the server, but it
doesn't take long:

upload-cal.sh  0.30s user 0.06s system 13% cpu 2.735 total

OK "simply" is a little bit of an understatement, it's never fun
figuring out how to curl operations.  But it does work :)

Then again this might not be what you want, since after all you just
switched away from google...

Lydgate