[Remind-Fans] Mother's day in France

Gerhard Kirchmann gerhardkmn at yahoo.de
Tue Jun 26 02:03:09 EDT 2007

Hello Alain,

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 23:52:08 +0200 (CEST)
Alain Guibert <alguibert+rf at free.fr> wrote:

> However there is a problem: if the user has an unrelated OMIT that
> happens to fall on the last Sunday of May, it will also retard
> Mother's day a week later, as if it was Pentecost... Solution: clear
> the global OMIT context for these 2 lines only. The OMIT nature of
> Pentecost is probably not needed outside of this trick, Pentecost
> being a Sunday anyway. So this seems to work well:
>
> OMIT 25 May 2003			MSG test omit colliding
> Mother's day
>
> PUSH-OMIT-CONTEXT
> CLEAR-OMIT-CONTEXT
>  OMIT[trigger(easterdate(year(today()))+49)]             MSG Pentecôte
> REM Sun [_last(May)] OMIT Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat AFTER  MSG Fête des Mères
> POP-OMIT-CONTEXT

Excuse me, not mentioning this, if there is another OMIT that falls on
Pentecost. I myself tested it with the PUSH - CLEAR - POP construction.

I never made any examinations about time consumation, but I think with
saving and clearing a whole environment it takes time.

Anyway my concept is: the shorter the better - it's better to read and
whith fewer lines you will probably make fewer mistakes.

I think we can now close the problem: Mother's Day in France.

Gerhard Kirchmann