[Remind-Fans] Syncing between remind and Outlook

Mark Atwood me at mark.atwood.name
Thu Jul 19 13:30:23 EDT 2007

Jerome <jeromg at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm quite new to remind, I'd like to know if there's a way to sync
> (ideally 2-way) remind and Outlook ?  Can my Remind calendar be
> exported as an ICS file and then imported in Outlook ?  Any
> recommendation as to how automate the process (on a daily basis will
> be acceptable for me) ?

Two-way sync between iCal and Remind is *hard*, mainly because there
is nothing like a "unique id" in a remind event, so there is no
absolute way tell if an event has been deleted/edited/relocated/added.
There are some possible ways to do it heuristically, but they break
down too easily.

To convert your entire remind database into iCal format, you can use
my converter at

 http://fallenpegasus.com/code/rem2ics

This converter tries to detect and handle recurring events, and also
outputs fully correct iCal records.

--
Mark Atwood                 When you do things right, people won't be sure
me at mark.atwood.name         you've done anything at all.