[Remind-Fans] [ANN] Remind 3.1.1 is available

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Aug 22 20:57:01 EDT 2007

Hi,

Remind 3.1.1 is available at
http://www.roaringpenguin.com/penguin/openSourceProducts/remind

The other day, my daughter stumped me by asking for a reminder that I
couldn't figure out how to do: Her school runs on a 6-day cycle and
the day number is not incremented if there's a holiday.  She wanted
the "day number" printed on her calendar.  I had to hack a new
function ("nonomitted") into Remind to make it handle this!

Complete release notes since 3.1.0 follow.

Regards,

David.

* Version 3.1 Patch 1 - 23 August 2007

+ MAJOR ENHANCEMENTS

o Added the "nonomitted" function that solves a number of
  moving-reminder-in-response-to-holiday problems.  The real-world
  problems solved are the "moving-garbage-day" problem and the
  "six-day-school-cycle" problem.

+ MINOR ENHANCEMENTS

o A few minor performance improvements in response to profiling runs.

+ BUG FIXES

o Prevent compilation failure with gcc 2.95.

o Fix trailing "s" bug with -k option.  This was fixed in Debian's release,
  but the Debian maintainer never bothered to let me know.

o Removed obsolete scripts: kall, rem, remind-all.sh, remind-all.csh

o Made "-n" output always use "/" as date separator for consistency with
  "-p" and "-s".

o Moon PNG images are transparent.  Output of moon phases in rem2html
  improved slightly.

o Various man-page fixes.