[Remind-Fans] Debian package

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 13:01:55 EDT 2007

On 9/20/07, David F. Skoll <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:
> Justin Alcorn wrote:
>
> > Debian etch includes version 3.00.24-4.  I'd like to start playing with
> > some of the new features, but I'm trying to avoid getting off the
> > 'Debian way'.
>
> I wouldn't worry about it.  Remind has so few dependencies that installing
> from source is not a big deal.  (I run Debian and Ubuntu on all my machines,
> but Remind is installed from source.)

I just pulled Debian sources (apt-get source remind) and went through
the process of reconciling differences against 3.01.02, and it wasn't
a hideous process.

A number of the patches against 3.00.24 go away, because the issues
have since been fixed.
"...  memory leaks  are  quite acceptable  in  many applications  ..."
(Bjarne Stroustrup, The Design and Evolution of C++, page 220)