[Remind-Fans] a slacker syntax for .reminders ?

David J Patrick djp at linuxcaffe.ca
Tue Oct 9 18:23:25 EDT 2007

I've been doing a lot more using vim and vimoutliner, to keep track of
everything in .txt files. It would be REALLY NEAT (tm) if I could slap a
valid remind line, from the "rem" to the "%" anywhere within an "outlined"
text file. The files in question use a leading tab to denote hierarchy, so
leading whitespaces would have to be ignored. The question is; could (in
theory) reminds syntax strictness be loosened, and "simply" parse any line
(ignoring leading whitespace) that starts with "rem" and ends with "%" ?
This would be graet for me, as I could pepper project files with reminders
in place.
Conversely, I suppose any text file could be pre-parsed for such valid
lines.
Thanks for the help,
djp