[Remind-Fans] Remind & Birth Control. ;-)

Kevin T. Neely ktneely at astroturfgarden.com
Thu Jan 3 19:35:48 EST 2008

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 09:23:48AM -0500, Phil Snowberger wrote:
> the above in remind (Indeed, I've fallen off the remind horse after a
> brief stint of (coerced) google calendar usage))

I've recently moved to gCal for some items for better sharing and syncing to my phone of certain events such as meetings.  My solution has been to write a script that:
- wget's the ics file from the "private" gCal link
- run rem2ics on the file
- output rem2ics to a txt file
- that txt file is listed as an INPUT in my ~/.reminders file

set the above up in cron, and I'm all good.

My goal, however, is to do this in the opposite way, by uploading my remind entries in .ics format to google.  The page for gcalcli lists uploading ics as one of its possible upcoming features, and  look forward to that.

cheers,

In Vino Veritas
http://astroturfgarden.com