[Remind-Fans] Attaching notes to an event

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Jan 15 11:29:16 EST 2008

Adam Richards wrote:

> To fully replace Outlook I need to be able to attach "notes" to
> an event.  Perhaps arbitrary meta-data?  A place where I can
> store more verbose documentation than what is practical with a
> MSG description?  Meeting room numbers, conference bridge
> phonenumbers, lists, URL links, etc etc etc...

Remind by itself is not particularly designed for this; it would
have to be done by helper scripts or a front-end program.

In the limiting case, a nice GUI or curses-based front-end would only
use Remind for date calculation and triggering and would store event
data and meta-data somewhere else.  Your .reminders file would
end up looking something like:

REM ... MSG 538413d7-f243-464f-85f3-9101728a23b9

and the front-end would take care of retrieving the real reminder data
based on the unique ID.

This is far beyond what the scripts that ship with Remind do.

Regards,

David.