[Remind-Fans] first weekday of the month

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Feb 20 17:19:45 EST 2008

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz wrote:

> I want a reminder on the first weekday (and non-bank holiday) of the
> month and I would like it to be repeated on the following 2 calendar
> days.

REM Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri 1 SCANFROM [trigger(today()-2)] MSG Check Bank Account
SET d trigdate()
REM [trigger(d+1)] MSG Check Bank Account Again
REM [trigger(d+2)] MSG Check Bank Account Yet Again

Note that the first REM command always happens on a weekday, but the
second and third might fall on weekends.  If you want those pushed past
weekends, it gets a little trickier.

SCANFROM is evil and hard to understand.  You'll need to read the
remind man page carefully to get a feel for the Remind algorithm.

Regards,

David.