[Remind-Fans] Daemon mode and normal reminders

Lars Stokholm lars.stokholm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 10:52:20 EST 2008

Hi,

I want to start Remind from my .xinitrc and have it shut down when I
kill X. I also want it to re-read my reminders file periodically and
when the date changes. Therefore I'm starting it with this command
from .xinitrc:

rem -z -k'xmessage -title Reminder %s&'&

Only problem is that I also want to make use of normal (non-timed)
reminders like this:

REM 24 feb Casper's birthday (perhaps with a ONCE-keyword?)

I was expecting it to just show up when I started X, but I see from
the manual, that by using -z (daemon mode), this is not the case:
Normal reminders are not triggered.

What can I do about this?

Another question: Does the -z option enable the -a option? So it
seems, but there's no mention of it in the manual.

Thanks,
Lars