[Remind-Fans] debian upgrade and remind no longer works

Frank Blendinger fb at intoxicatedmind.net
Thu Mar 13 07:56:36 EDT 2008

Hi.

Rick Pasotto <rick at niof.net> enlightened the world by writing these words of wisdom:
> Yesterday my debian system upgraded(?) remind to version 03.01.04-1 and
> now nothing works. 'remind -g' gives a usage error and tkremind doesn't
> exist.
>
> What happened?

``aptitude changelog remind'' tells you:

  * Upstream requested: split package to make tkremind a suggested package.
    This eliminates the dependency on tcl/tk for the core remind program
    and opens a path for a wxRemind package.

No idea about the -g thing, though.

Greets,
Frank

--
Frank Blendinger | fb(at)intoxicatedmind.net | GPG: 0x0BF2FE7A
Fingerprint: BB64 F2B8 DFD8 BF90 0F2E 892B 72CF 7A41 0BF2 FE7A