[Remind-Fans] Please test: Development version of Remind (and Wyrd)

Paul Pelzl pelzlpj at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 12:12:39 EDT 2008

(My apologies if this message is a duplicate.)

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 1:32 PM, David F. Skoll <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:
>  2) Major new feature:  If you invoke remind with a directory name instead
>  of a filename (or use "INCLUDE /some/directory"), then Remind looks in
>  the directory for all files matching the pattern "*.rem" and reads them in
>  order.  (The sort order is exactly what the shell would give for "echo *.rem")

I've integrated support for this feature into this Wyrd snapshot:
http://pessimization.com/software/wyrd/wyrd-1.4.5pre1.tar.gz

By "integrated support" I mean the following:

  * The "reminders_file" field in wyrdrc may be either a file or a directory
    containing .rem files.
  * Similarly, either a file or directory argument may be passed to Wyrd on
    the command line.
  * When commands "edit_any", "paste_dialog", "new_timed_dialog", or
    "new_untimed_dialog" are invoked (by default, bound to 'e', 'P', 'T', and
    'U'), Wyrd *should* display a file selection dialog that correctly matches
    the complete set of files that would be included by Remind.
  * When "reminders_file" is a directory, commands that automatically edit a
    default file (e.g. "new_timed") will choose the first .rem file
    in that directory.

If some enterprising Wyrd users would be willing to hammer on this a
bit, I'd appreciate it.  And if any of these design decisions seem
weird, now would be a good time to let me know.

Thanks,
Paul