[Remind-Fans] Remind using 12-hour time?

Paul Pelzl pelzlpj at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 15:18:07 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 1:58 PM, J.P. Tuttle <jtuttle at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > I tend to agree.  It's easy enough to adapt to 24-hour time I think
>  > (I've done it :-) so why complicate the software with non-essential
>  > requirements?
>
>  Shouldn't software be written to accomodate the way the user works, not
>  the other way round?

This is a laudable goal in general, but my opinion is that the
software should also make it difficult for the user to use it
incorrectly.

The Wyrd frontend supports 12-hour times, and even offers fuzzy logic
for creating a reminder by typing "meet with Bob tomorrow at 9".  The
fundamental difference is that Wyrd provides immediate visual feedback
to the user; the new reminder appears on the schedule, and at a glance
you can verify that it was created correctly.  As a standalone tool,
Remind doesn't really give you that kind of instant feedback.

Paul